Fresh, delicious and nutritious apples are now in season! The list below shows different varieties from the sweetest at the top to the tangiest at the bottom.
* These apples are available in store as part of our Apple Extravaganza 10/26/16 – 11/1/16
- Gala* (also available in organic)
- Golden Delicious*
- Red Delicious*
- Honeycrisp* The Honeycrisp’s sweetness, firmness and tartness make it an ideal apple for eating raw. This large apple is also known for its juiciness.
- Kanzi ®
- Pink Lady ®* Originally bred by the Western Australia Department of Agriculture by crossing the Australian apple ‘Lady Williams’ with a ‘Golden Delicious’ to combine firm, long-storing properties with sweetness.
- Granny Smith* (also available in organic) These apples are on the tart side and are commonly used in apple pies, cobblers, crisps and cakes.
Thomas Becnel Citrus Farms – Belle Chasse, La.
Tommy Becnel is a sixth-generation farmer located in Plaquemines Parish. Today, his main citrus crops are satsumas and navel oranges, which are ripened on the tree and picked fresh daily. Becnel trees are grown in alluvial soil along the banks of the Mississippi River, making his citrus some of the finest-tasting in the world.lagniappe | October 25th, 2016