Robért Fresh Market is your neighborhood grocer featuring all of the freshest cuts of meat – as well as veggies and fruits – that will be the star of your spring and summertime grilling!
We spoke with our Meat and Seafood Department Director to get tips and recommendations to help your grilled meals get cooked to perfection every time.
Recommended meats for the grill
The following are the best meat items to grill:
- Wagyu Boneless Strips (when available)
- Prime Ribeye Steaks
- Prime Tenderloin Steaks
- USDA Choice Black Angus Ribeye Steaks
- USDA Choice Black Angus Tomahawk Ribeye Steaks (when available)
- USDA Choice Black Angus Bone-In Ribeye Steaks (AKA Cowboy Ribeye Steaks)
- USDA Choice Black Angus Tenderloin Steaks
- USDA Choice Black Angus Porterhouse Steaks
- USDA Choice Black Angus T-Bone Steaks
- USDA Choice Black Angus Sirloin Steak
- Prime Bone-In Pork Chops
How to prepare beef and pork FOR GRILLING
- All steaks and pork chops should be a minimum of 1 ¼ inch thick. Check for internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
- The internal temperature should be as follows:
- 125°F: Rare
- 135°F: Medium rare
- 145°F: Medium
- 155°F: Well done
- 160°F: Ya went too far! (BURNT)
- Prime Pork
- 145°F: Medium
The preferred preparation method is to rub both sides of the steaks or chops with olive oil, then season with salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme. Some have also had success marinating steaks in Italian dressing. Wagyu strips, prime ribeyes, prime tenderloins, and prime pork should be minimally seasoned with only olive oil, salt, and pepper to allow the outstanding flavors to speak for themselves.
On a grill heated to high, sear the steaks or pork chops for two to three minutes on each side, then rest on the cool side of the grill. (Alternatively, you can lower the grill to medium-low.) Place a pad of butter on the steak.
Flip the steak after five to 10 minutes and add a pad of butter to the other side of the steak.
Keep an eye on the steaks to watch for burning. Once the steaks are at the desired internal temperature, remove them from the grill and allow the meat to rest for minutes before serving. Allowing a rest period keeps the steaks juicy!
STORE-MADE OPTIONS FOR GRILLING
Robért Fresh Market makes delicious ready-to-grill options! Next time you stop by, check out our:
- Fresh Store-Made Sausage
- Hot: A spicy cayenne bite
- Cajun: Spicy Cajun flavor
- Italian: Black pepper bite with anise seed and Italian seasonings
- Green Onion: Milder sausage with dried green onions and a delicious flavor profile
- Grill-Ready Cedar Plank Salmon
- Cajun: Hot and spicy with a savory wood smoke finish
- Mesquite: Earthy, natural flavor accented by our natural wood smokers
- Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Salmon Magic: Slightly sweet, gentle blend of savory spice and a great smoky flavor
- No Salt Added: Natural blend of herbs and spices with natural wood smoke and no salt added
- Store-Made Kabobs (Chicken or Steak)
- Store-Made Burger Patties
ABOUT ROBÉRT FRESH MARKET: Robért Fresh Market, founded in 1994, operates its family-oriented business from a customer-responsive viewpoint, offering the best possible service and satisfaction for both associates and customers. For more information, visit www.robertfreshmarket.com.lagniappe | May 25th, 2023